Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Sunset To Sunrise (Completed)

A good friend made a comment on my Facebook link to yesterday's post saying "Remember, nothing good happens after 2am..." and though in some areas of my life my experience forces me to disagree I think yesterday's poem gives credence to that statement.

There are these amazing moments as an artist though (admitted usually before 2am) when something really good happens. You get an idea and the next thing you know a song is finished. When everything flows without too much thought or frustration I find the songs that ensue to be the most satisfying.

It's in this way that I finally got the inspired moment I've been looking for and I wrote the music and the rest of the words for the initial lyrics I wrote back in an early post, "Sunset To Sunrise." - http://myfighttowrite.blogspot.com/2010/10/sunset-to-sunrise.html

The inspiration came off the back of the finger-picking idea that featured in the previous 2 days posts.

I recorded this "practice demo" which is something I usually record to help me learn the song so I can then do a better quality recording to show others. But in the name of letting go of my perfectionism I'm putting this recording that no-one was ever meant to hear on this post. I'm trying to get past all the slurred lyrics, messy guitar playing, poor sound quality, occasional off notes and my general fear of criticism - so I hope you will also look past them. It's just a simple song in my weird C-A-D-G-B-D tuning. Me, a guitar and a my computer's built in microphone.



Here are the lyrics. I hope you enjoy the song despite all the downfalls of this recording.

Sunset To Sunrise

Sunset leads to Ocean
Then on to Montana as we ride
To where our wandering worlds collide

The truth remains unspoken
but quietly sits between us like a ghost
and watches as we both get lost

In this endangered moment
Restraining our surprise
As we stop to see the sparks between our eyes

Sunrise glows around us
And feathers lay upon us as we lie
And feel the doubt between us die

Admiring all that's broken
But we'll never need to mend, the tears we cry
Flow between the kisses and the fire

Burning higher and higher
It seems with every moment
Even if we never really seem to try

Love wakes in me
No words to speak
Eyes capture me
Then set me free

Feeling new emotions
That I once thought I knew but now realise
I’ve been waiting for this all my life

Here in this precious moment
Don’t need to say the words we feel inside
I can see them in your perfect eyes

As we lay face to face
Talking of the many places we
Will see while living happily

Love wakes in me
No words to speak
Eyes capture me
Then set me free
To love endlessly 

1 comment: