Thursday, December 23, 2010

Lips and Straws

This week has certainly turned out to be interesting.

I've fairly rampantly broken the rules I set at the start of the week. I've only slept about 4 hours each of the past 2 nights. I also missed my yoga this morning. And I've ended up posting my blog after midnight every day except Monday. This isn't entirely my fault as I can only post after 2am as that's when my off-peak internet kicks in and I get my internet back (refer to yesterday's rant about Australia's stone age internet plans.)

But despite all this I've written 3 songs in the past 4 days. I guess I should refer back what I wrote previously. It's most important that an artist be flexible and adjust to their circumstances, as long as the steps are being made towards the final goal. And certainly for me, writing 3 songs in 4 days is a record and smashes my "song a week" personal goal.

So have a listen to this new tune. It's light-hearted like yesterdays but I really dig the vibe on this one. I hope you do too.

So shall I go over the usual disclaimers about the poor recording? I think you understand by now that this blog is about creativity, not recording quality. It's also late at night so once again I'm considering the neighbours and not playing or singing loudly, but I think that suits the vibe of this tune anyway.

Also note that I've put a slightly better recording of Morning Memories onto Tuesdays post - http://myfighttowrite.blogspot.com/2010/12/morning-memories.html

As always - please post comments of your thoughts, or if posting comments is an issue for you please feel free to e-mail me at - myfighttowrite@gmail.com

Lips and Straws




Gonna be late for work today
Can’t seem to get me on my way
Coz when I try to think
Everything around me sinks away

Driving along the boulevard
But I don’t seem to be getting far
Coz everywhere I see
This body raising up the beauty bar

Now all I ever see is you
So what the hell am I to do
I’m lost without you

I walk down to the corner store
Thought I had milk but I need more
Coming back I trip
Coz I was dreaming of your lips and straws

I ride my bike down to the beach
Try to think of my friends with two beers each
But soon my mind is drawn
To you - I crash onto lawn as car breaks screech

Now all I ever see is you
So what the hell am I to do
I’m lost without you

No matter how hard I try
I just can’t get you off my mind
But then again I don’t really think I want to
I’m lost without you

No comments:

Post a Comment