Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sleep. I Miss You.

I've made a new commitment this week to a daily plan that involves 3 very important things.

Firstly, that I do at least a short session of yoga first thing in the morning. I could head off on a rant about how important stretching is but I won't. But just let me say that if anyone is reading this thinking "pffft - yoga" then I say don't knock it 'til you try it. I guarantee you'll feel more relaxed, less stressed, more energetic and will have less body pains as a result.

Secondly, that I have a session of being creative (including posting this blog) in the morning each day, as was always the plan, and not late at night when I'm tired.

Thirdly, that I actually get 8 hours sleep every night. I haven't had a week of 8 hours a night sleep since...well...I honestly have no idea. Years ago certainly. I've been pushing ahead on 2 to 6 hours a night for too long. I believe if I manage my time better and get my priorities straight I can get done what must be done but still get to bed at a "decent time" (my usual time often being between 2am and 5am - this is NOT decent) and then get up early and get stuck into my creativity with a fresh mind.

There are some things in life you just plain straight need. Sure, you can go without them. But you know in your heart it isn't right. Sleep is one of those things. Just because you can live without 8 hours a night doesn't mean you should. We'll see how I feel at the end of this week, and how much more effective I'm being thanks to my new daily commitments.


Sleep. I Miss You.

Sleep
Sweet peace
Undress my stress
I miss you

I'm weak
No rest or release
No quiet caress
I need you

I know you're always close
But you're still so far away
And though I need you most
I'm without you every day

Please come to me my love
So we can be as one
As you hold me up above
And soon we'll rest under the sun

Sleep
I hear you speak
Held in hotness, hair a mess
I miss you
I need you

I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment