Monday, December 6, 2010

Chez Jay

I don't have much preamble again today. It must be nice to not wade through so much writing hey? I guess I'm just too tired. But I've written a poem. A bit of a story I guess. 

Like I said in my last post, I'll get back to giving you more variety once I have instruments again, from this weekend onwards. I'm really looking forward to freshening things up. 

I won't explain the title. Those who need to know will know. Those who don't know probably don't need to know.


Chez Jay

New York State is under my wheels
But it's the last thing on my mind
Empty road leads off ahead 
My past fades off behind

My burning eyelids start to fall
I know I've lost that fight
I park below a big oak tree 
And think about that night

I long to be where life is now
Where we have all we need
Where we can hit the town and dine
With wine and dance til three

And lay in bed while rain and thunder
Tap and bang their drum
Or talk whole nights away alone
Or walk by sea and sun

I know I have to drive for days
Then start my life again
I know I have to find a way
New beginnings follow ends

So much fills up my mind but here
I rest, I must allow
So I can keep things bright and clear
And not be obsessed with "how"

As I know that everything I need
Is here in this old car
Except for you, but pretty soon
We'll meet at that old bar

At the booth that brought us face to face
And sparks soon lit a fire
I know now as I knew right then
This high will just get higher


No comments:

Post a Comment