Thursday, October 7, 2010

Sunset to Sunrise

After my rain accompanied session of folk guitar ideas yesterday I got inspired with some lyrics. I say lyrics because I know this will be a song. Unlike my post Tuesday which I know will probably remain a poem. I haven't finished the lyrics but want to work on the music more before I finish it off as the music may lead me somewhere. I've just used a working title for now...

Sunset to Sunrise


Sunset leads to Ocean
Then on to Montana as we ride
To where our wandering worlds collide

The truth remains unspoken
but quietly sits between us like a ghost
and watches as we both get lost

In this endangered moment
Restraining our surprise
As we stop to see the sparks between our eyes

Sunrise glows around us
And feathers lay upon us as we lie
And feel the doubt between us die

Admiring all that's broken
But we'll never need to mend, the tears we cry
Flow between the kisses and the fire

Burning higher and higher
It seems with every moment
Even if we never really seem to try

...so there's more to come on that. I'm heading to Las Vegas with my band, The Stuns, for the next few days so I won't get to record any of my song ideas for this tune until next week probably. I'll still be posting something though - accountability. But I'm looking forward to posting more development on this idea very soon.

1 comment:

  1. I can completely appreciate your lyrics as someone who lives off Montana and rides from Sunset to Ocean.

    ReplyDelete