Thursday, December 16, 2010

Be Willing To Fall

Fear is a powerful thing. We're lucky we have it. Without it we'd all do some really stupid things.

Just as often though it holds us back from doing something that we fear to fail at. This is a big part of why I do this blog. I fear that I will "fail" as an artist. But when I make it my priority to challenge that fear and work on my writing every day I see that the failure comes in not trying at all. If I try every day and it gives me satisfaction and happiness then I can never fail. I could still choose to walk away from being an artist if this is what I want, but when and if I do it won't be as a failure. It'll simply be the choice I want to make for my life at that time.

Right now, I'm going to make the decision every day to put working on my writing top of my daily priorities, despite the fact that this is so very hard. I won't always write great stuff. But I'll write. It may be a cliché but happiness is a journey not a destination. So live life today. If every day ends happy, or at least most, you can be sure that you will have lived a happy life.


Be Willing To Fall  

Carried away
By what's not gonna change
By what's not on the page
Staring at headlights

Getting ahead
See black or see red
Just follow the thread
And say goodnight

What is more and what is less
Not what you hope but what you stress
So scared to make a little mess

Happiness
Not a scheduled arrival
Not more than survival
Always time to impress

Happiness
Just like it's meant to be
Don't get lost out at sea
Not tied to one address

It's something you own
But not something you hold
It's something that's free
But always in your control
Each moment is gone
So you must live them all
The moment they happen
And be willing to fall

No comments:

Post a Comment