Saturday, December 18, 2010

Enjoying having a piano...

I'm house-sitting for my brother and his wife at the moment and they have a piano. It's a fairly old piano and has a really honky-tonk sound about it. Here is a picture of it. You can't really see in this photo but there are marks on the left and right front panels where there used to be candle holders, as in for back in the days on no electricity. So it must be pretty old.

old antique piano Baderbein Berlin


For those who don't know I learnt piano first when I was very young, taught by my lovely mother, who plays piano/organ. Unfortunately being a massive space cadet as a kid meant that practice just didn't happen. after a year or so Mum told me "if you don't practice then I won't teach you any more" and so lessons ended.

Note to the kids reading - I've since learnt that practice really does make perfect and there's simply no way around that. So it's great to have a piano around to practice on and have fun playing. I've had a piano for times here and there through my life and never ended up making the time to practice enough and get my playing to the level of prowess and fluency I desire. I hope to one day.

I've recorded a very basic piano idea that I'd like to develop into a song. As usual at the moment this is just me a piano and my computer's microphone so the quality is bad and the playing is close behind. I hope you can look past that and enjoy it.


No comments:

Post a Comment