Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I Have A Girl

So for those who've known me for a while, or are also fans of The Stuns music, my recent romantic bent will have seemed like quite a change. And it certainly has been. Ed and Austin from The Stuns used to often rib me about my inability to write any lyrics that weren't dark and often skeptical and jaded. There was a lot of positivity mixed into it but it was quite masked within all the deep dark feelings. This is something I've been coming out of over this year and have found in myself a new positivity and vibrance that I had largely lost for quite a few years.

I think positive things happen to positive people. And that's exactly what happened to me. I had a seriously negative situation which led me to be in Los Angeles about 6 months earlier than originally planned and with a lot less money than planned. But I made a commitment to staying positive about my situation and making the most of it.

This is when I met Samantha. And it is to her that the endless heart-felt romanticism on this blog has been dedicated. She is my girl, and I'm extremely happy about that. I almost entirely lost my belief that true love and someone quite simply amazing could be part of my daily experience of life. I was so wrong. And she is the proof. So it's time you learnt a bit about her. You've already learnt quite a bit about our relationship in songs such as First Night On The Town (about our first date) and Penny and Jacob (about our experiences leading up to, and on the night of, our first meeting.)

I tell you in no uncertain terms - this girl is quite incredible. Here is a poem with some of the reasons why.

I've now added a recording of me reading this poem as I wanted to not only capture the feeling, energy and fun behind the poem but also I thought it would be nice for it to be heard with my own voice. I feel this really gives the poem its most heart-felt meaning. So click on the player and read along if you like.


I Have A Girl





I have a girl
But not just any girl
She's the greatest in the world
And not just 'cause of her long blonde curls

It's because she has so much heart
It really sets her apart
I knew right from the start
But that's just one small part

Of what makes her so great
I could not overstate
How incredible she's been right from our first date
And it just seems so innate

To her - it's just how she is
So bubbly, so much "zing", like champagne's fizz
But it's not just this
It's about all that she is

Like the magic that's in her touch
MMMmmmm...I just love it so much
I never dreamed that I'd meet such
An amazing girl, what a catch

There's no question of this
And it would most certainly be amiss 
For me not mention her sweet tender kiss
Oh, that perfect pink pout - it delivers such bliss

And how could I not mention her mind
Such intelligence is not all that easy to find
But then along with that to be someone so unselfish and kind
And generous, but also fun and relaxed all the time

Plus there's more to say about her wonderful brain
She's a dentist and also a surgeon in training
She volunteers and does so much that's not for her own gain
I wonder sometimes if she couldn't turn off the rain

With just a look from those big almond eyes and perfect smile
And she doesn't even notice men's heads turn for miles
Whenever she walks by with all her elegance and style
I know hopeful men keep her number on file

And wow - how that makes me so glad she's with me
I tell you I'm luckier than any other man can be
And I haven't yet mentioned, she speaks Spanish fluently
I tell you, there's nothing this girl can't achieve

And we have an endless list of similar likes
Such as music, and yoga, or going on hikes
And travelling the world, or just riding our bikes
Plus healthy food and conversation - it really is striking

How many similar interests we share
Oh - and did I mention her hair
What dazzling blonde locks, I can't help but just stare
And the face that it frames is beyond compare

The face of an angel could never be so 
Exquisite as hers, and then what's seen below
That magnificent face is a body to which I could never say no
She makes my heart race and she makes my mind blow

As she is quite simply the definition of hotness, it's true
And to think, in that body is a mind so in tune
With mine - I should spend my life strapped to a pew
Giving thanks to whatever God delivered me this beauty

Oh, and also, she often surfs on her long board at Malibu
At this point you're probably wondering how she finds the time and energy to 
And I'd be happy to tell you, if I knew
It may be hard to believe but this girl is real I tell you!

For there are many things in this world of which I'm unsure
But of this one iron-clad fact I couldn't be more
Definite - that my girl is the greatest lover of all
And every day, without fail, I will only love her more

5 comments:

  1. Good for you Josh!! What a lucky lady Samantha is. My First Night On The Town is especially fantastic. Glad to hear you're so happy. Happy New Year :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY.
    COW.

    I couldnt have said it better myself. Samantha is one lucky girl to have you in her life, and you dear Josh, you are the luckiest man alive....Not only is she my best friend, shes my role model, my big sister I never had..Anyone with Sam in their life is a lucky person! :)

    Cant wait till you move back to the US! Double-dates galore!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! And believe me, she's got moves on the yoga mat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments! I certainly am the luckiest man alive. Can't wait to be back in LA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have captured Sam perfectly! She makes my life better everyday - and she really truly is that incredible. I have to say that I have never seen her happier. She sparkels when she speaks of you.

    ReplyDelete