Sunday, December 12, 2010

Acoustic Finger-picking Practice

So this is today's post even thought it's going up 10 minutes after my one for yesterday that I didn't post due to embarrassment. It would be easy for me to have the same attitude to this post as the following recording is of me practicing playing an acoustic guitar finger-picking pattern that I wrote. It'll be faster when I get better at it. I wanted to do this very involved finger pattern and, as you can here, am struggling to play it. This is the intro/outro from a new song, a whole recording of which you'll hear soon, when I can play and sing it all.



I've written a number of ideas today now that I have a room with instruments at last. (If you're reading - thanks Caleb and Cath for having me house-sit.) The thing that I've found though is that I seem to be writing things that at the moment require some practice for me to play well. So I don't have decent recordings of my new song ideas yet.

I'll definitely get some posted this week though, after I've worked on them some more. So stay tuned. Which reminds me. The idea above and a lot of what I wrote on guitar today was in that weird tuning I used on a post late last month. C-A-D-G-B-D for any interested parties. I'm liking this tuning at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment