Thursday, October 14, 2010

Acoustic back in hand...

On more than a few occasions I've told myself I'd be a good proof-reader. So far this blog has shown me I have a long way to go before this is the case as a few more typos have been brought to my attention. I'm just going to ignore them though and work harder in that area. But note that if you see the word "in" but it seems like "it" would work better, or "our" where "out" seems more appropriate, it's probably a spelling error.

A big thanks to Janice MacLeod (my Blog Mama) for creating my new blog header picture using a photo she took at The Stuns' Viper Room gig. You can see more of the great photos she took at our gig at her blog - http://aftertheartistsway.blogspot.com  - Monday 11th October entry.

Also, if you can't get any of the videos or mp3 players in my blog to work you're probably using Internet Explorer. (No Mum - I have not yet managed to develop HTML code that knows if you specifically are trying to access my YouTube videos and can then block you from watching them. I'm more than happy for you to see the video I made in Vegas.) These days Internet Explorer is like the girlfriend you've gotten used to and don't realise how much she's making your life difficult (replace "girlfriend" with "boyfriend" as required) and I have to say - it's time to move on! Install Google Chrome (my current internet partner) or Firefox, or really anything but Internet Explorer and I expect you'll no longer have the problem anymore. It may be a little weird at first, and some people may even shed a tear over having to say goodbye to IE, but all the little issues that used to crop up will soon disappear and you'll be happier for it (I think the former analogy holds).

So - to some actual creativity. I have to confess that I censored my blog for the first time today. I wrote a poem this morning and was going to put it in this entry but it's been put in the "I don't want to share that right now" pile. If begged I may concede but for now today's poem remains in my little writing book.

Instead I will give you a snippet of some development on the guitar idea from my 6th Oct post "It's raining in LA" with the plan that it may go with my poem/lyrics "Sunset To Sunrise" (7th Oct post). More to come on that...



I'll add here that I'm not being precious about what I put on this blog as the point is creativity not perfection. So I ask for some leniency with the bad playing on this and any other recording I post on my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Your Blog Mama is so proud. You've got yourself a lovely blog. I'm delighted that you're throwing everything up here in the pursuit of creativity and not perfection. Otherwise, we might not get as much in quantity or quality. Keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete