Monday, October 18, 2010

Just a few words...

I don't have a reputation for being concise and so far my blog is proving why. I haven't had a lot of time for creativity today though so I thought it was about time I challenged the trend.

I've been thinking about how much has changed for me since my last cold winter in London. So here are a few words and a line with each to capture some of what I was feeling over that time.


Cold
Warmer than usual
Truth be told

Lost
But happy to walk
Further than most

Tired
With sleep or without
Dying but inspired

Low
Rarely justified
Ashes still glow

Mean
A question - a world
And all that's inbetween


So it ended up being two lines after each word, not one. I'll have to keep working on being concise. What's scary is I've been working really hard at it for a while now.

2 comments:

  1. I'm also lost but willing to walk further than most. I get that. That's me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an interesting line isn't it Blog Mama? One thing I like about writing less is it leaves so much open to interpretation. I'm glad you connect with my writing. :D xo

    ReplyDelete