Thursday, October 21, 2010

Two Dozen Duck Eggs

The only creative thing I've spent time doing today is recording with my brother Luke for his band's demo. As it's not finished I really have nothing to show you for my efforts today. I feel I need to give you something though so here's some completely impromptu verse. Here goes...

Two Dozen Duck Eggs

I was given two dozen duck eggs today
But before I could eat any eight went astray
While I was asleep trying hard to find rest
Some creature was eating them straight from my nest

Busy was my morning, as often I find
And at lunch time I counted my eggs but it seemed that behind
Me I'd left four more, lost on my way
To where I had got to, just living my day

So on I continued, having much left to do
Before my chance to eat these duck eggs would ensue
And I'm really not sure how it then came to be
But somehow six eggs disappeared silently

So now six were left and I cradled them close
As a worked my way back home for duck eggs on toast
But when I arrived it shocked me to see
That along the way I had lost another three

Without hesitation I took two and prepared
The meal for which these few duck eggs had been spared
It seemed clear the last egg wouldn't see morning's light
So smiling wide I splatted it with all of my might

No comments:

Post a Comment