Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My first solo gig...

Those of you reading this from Perth take special note - next Monday night is my first gig as a solo artist. I'm playing at Mojo's Bar in North Fremantle, 31st January at 9pm. I've been very lucky that an old friend of mine, Arunachala Satgunasingam, happens to be in WA from Melbourne doing a tour and is available to play percussion for the gig. It's going to be a lot of fun! I'm very excited about it.


To add to the excitement it's free entry, so I hope some of you Perthies can make it! For more info or to invite friends via Facebook click herehttp://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=176816029022692


The main reason I mention this is because my creative time today has been spent practicing and re-recording the songs, as some little things have changed and I'd like Arun to have correct recordings. They're still far from perfect but an improvement I think. I'm looking forward to getting to LA and doing good quality recordings, with more instrumentation and vocal harmonies, not to mention better guitar playing and singing! 


So these are the songs I'll be playing Monday. To not completely ruin the suspense I'll put them in random order rather the order I'll play them on the night. Just click on the name to be taken to the post that has the recording embedded. 


Hey (I Am Here For You Every Day)


Take A Holiday


My First Night On The Town


Lips and Straws

I will just say also that I have been doing my daily writing. I've been writing poetry, but some things I just want to keep between me and the recipient - namely Sam. ;) I've probably shared enough gushing romance with my readers for now. Although, if you really want more feel free to ask me at myfighttowrite@gmail.com or by commenting below.

No comments:

Post a Comment