Friday, January 14, 2011

Lullaby

Firstly, I've done a new version of my newest song "Take A Holiday". I'm playing a singing it a little bit differently and it it's a little faster. I'm not certain I'm happy with the tempo on this recording. It should probably be slower. But let me know what you think. Click here to go to that blog entry and listen.

Sometimes my creative time will happen for a spontaneous reason. I prefer this and find that I wait for the moment I feel inspired rather than sitting down and forcing myself to write something at a certain time each day, as I had been planning to.

So I'm going to share something that I wrote for Sam when she text me the other night, unable to get to sleep. I know that she likes reading my poetry and that it calms her mind. So I thought this would help.

Lullaby

With these few words I send you here
Comes love and longing to have you near
But along with this a magic spell
To make you fall down sleeps deep well
But not a well that's full of fear
But one where your cares disappear
And you don't fall fast but float down slow
Into sleep's peaceful clouds below

No comments:

Post a Comment