Thursday, January 13, 2011

They Breed

One of the things I really love about creativity is that in is an amazing outlet to turn negative things into positive things. You feel anger, hurt, sadness - you create something that others can relate to and connect with, which at the same time helps you express your feelings and redirect that negative energy into a positive action.

I've had some negative things running through my head in the past two days. Once I wrote the following poem though I felt good about having used the negative energy in a positive way, as I get some much satisfaction from expressing my feelings in a poem like this.

It isn't a happy poem. But it still makes me happy. That's the amazing thing with sharing your creativity.

There are many meanings to read into this poem. Take from it what you will. That is what I intend when I write. It's now yours to decipher meanings and connect with a message.

I will say though that little seemingly innocuous negative thoughts and feelings which go unnoticed, or which are ignored and not taken seriously, soon breed into a massive, rampant, out of control beasts which can't be controlled or tamed. What easily slips past our attention becomes much larger problems and negativity. We should try to resolve issues as they sprout, rather than dealing with it all once the war has begun and the problem has grown into a huge beast.


They Breed

They breed
The disrespecters' seeds
Little organisms sprout like weeds

They grow
So fast you do not know
Not on the skin but just below

They spread
Like lice on children's heads
Like mice fattened on crumbs under your bed

Infestation
Aggressively expressed indignation
Break down of all communication
Battle cries from once allied nations
Signed up soldiers line up at stations

It's war
We must settle the score
This time will end it all I'm sure

It must
Trample the rest to dust
Each avid team screams "In God we trust"

But it seems
That all these freedom dreams
Are about control and not equal means

So today
As the war gets underway
Disrespecters' seeds clinging to street-smart strays
Contempt and hate grow every day
I turn my back to the incited fray

It's clear why peace is always so far away

No comments:

Post a Comment