Friday, January 7, 2011

I Have A Love

Firstly - I've added an extra verse, the penultimate verse, to my poem from yesterday. When I first wrote this poem I was actually writing it into my phone as a text to send Sam and my prehistoric phone screwed up right as I'd finished it and I lost it all. After spending a number of hours trying to emotionally recover from my devastation I managed to remember most it, plus add some new verses, but I remembered that extra verse after I'd posted the poem yesterday. So I just had to add it in. Read it and I think you'll see why. I also re-recorded me reading the poem and updated the player.

So let me explain something. I've not been too overt on this blog about my relationship with Sam as I didn't want to turn this into a blog people load up when they want to feel the need to throw up. As I said yesterday I have actually been quite jaded with romance and to read something like this may well have had myself (and also Sam previously) reaching for a bucket due to such overly enthusiastic proclamations of Hollywood-esque love. But now I'm simply expressing my honest feelings. And although I still didn't want to turn this into a blog of endless romanticism I really wanted to post that poem and tell everyone how I feel, as I'm very proud of my girl and my love for her.

But there is still more. There is actually a lot more but I simply don't post it all to my blog. But this poem I'm going to post. As it follows on from the last one. The last one was to everyone else. This one is to Sam. I'll see if I can't get back to another subject after this. Although you may realise by now that quite a bit of what I've been writing has been on this subject, but you just didn't know it. (Well, Sam knew. But not most others.)

So here it is. One of my poems, specifically to Sam. The one that followed on from yesterday's post.


I Have A Love





I have a love in my heart that burns like the sun
I let it shine out brightly to be seen by everyone
So they can all know something amazing has begun

For this rare love that I share is experienced by few
I know without doubt this is very much true
And the only reason I get to feel this is you

And this is why for you, my love, I'm so thankful
No gift in this world could ever be nearly as meaningful
And no other woman could ever be nearly as beautiful

You have changed my life, I know this for sure
Like a sailor lost at sea finally finding the shore
That for so many lost days and nights he searched for

I'm now here, I am safe, I kiss the ground in pure joy
For I've found the love I've searched for since I was a boy
And now all that we need to do is enjoy

This moment, and the next, and onto the next one
For all of our days with continuous appreciation
And laughter, and love, and happiness, and fun

And support, and discussion, and sharing all things
No matter how much good or bad this life brings
No matter the worth of our house, cars or rings

And may all the world hear the love song my heart sings

2 comments: