Saturday, January 15, 2011

My Beauty's Lullaby

In continuation of my theme from last post I've written a lullaby song today.

It needs to be sung by a real vocal talent the standard of Jeff Buckley, but I hope I'll get better at it. Certainly these sorts of recordings are hardly going to make me sound my best. But as I keep saying, this blog isn't about that. I hope I pull it off well enough to get across the mood and emotion of the song.

I'd also like to mention here that I want vocal harmonies to be a big part of the sound these new folk songs of mine ultimately have. Like Simon and Garfunkel or The Beach Boys, or Fleet Foxes for something more current. Although I do like the simplicity of a guitar and vocal it would be nice to hear this with a few vocal harmony parts. Ultimately these songs will have a whole lot more added but for now I'm enjoying just bare-bones songs. I'll get onto some tracked recording when I have my good microphone and recording set up happening again.

So here it is. My song for this week.

My Beauty’s Lullaby



My beauty sleep
You’re not alone tonight
For I am here
By your side

Breathe so deep
Slowly close your eyes
No need to fear
I am by your side

On sweet breeze float  [I sang "fly" on the recording, but wasn't going to redo it as it.]
Down and rest by bubbling stream
Then fly by my side
Over fields of green

When you hear
Scary sounds outside
Your knight appears
With his sword so bright

So feel me here
Let go of all your fright
I am always near
Put your hand in mine

And sleep my beauty
Sleep in peace tonight  [I also didn't say "in peace" on the recording. Oops.]

No comments:

Post a Comment