Wednesday, November 3, 2010

You Are The Sun

I realised today how close I am to filling my little writing book. I've filled the final third of it in the last 6 weeks! So the blogging is working. I feel more positive than ever and more confident and spontaneous with my creativity. 

To think I'd never shown anyone my poetry until I started this blog. I've written songs, but even then not in any bulk way (not like this - http://www.songsfromthehowlingsea.com/ - so impressive). So it's great to be writing every day. For anyone who has a creative bent I recommend finding whatever you need to find to help you commit to doing something EVERY day, without fail. If you manage that you've already succeeded. 

Here is another romantic poem, as seem to be flowing from me like a river right now. For those who've only met me in recent years, or have listened to The Stuns debut album (http://www.thestuns.com), this sort of writing must be quite a surprise coming from me. 

I guess all I can say is that it is for me, too. I've been writing pretty morose stuff for a while now. I've had a pretty testing 5 years or so. It seems I have a new ribbon to my bow. I'm sure there's still going to be plenty of heavy emotional stuff from me though - so don't worry Emo fans.


You are the sun
You are a bright light over everyone
Your warm rays end the night
Melting my heart as each day's begun

You are the sea
The daze of waves that overpower me
Reclaim love and I from needless graves
And wash mind, soul and body clean

You are the earth
From which true beauty sees its birth
From which all structures' strength ensue
Where my seeds grow, bringing joy and mirth

You are the breeze
Fresh winds that move and soothe with ease
Never stagnant, each day blowing through
All directions, speeds and intensities

You are my fire
Without fail each day burning higher
Guiding me when I've gone astray
Consumed in passion and desire

You are my love
So pure and dazzling as the whitest dove
More beauty than the whole world has
And you fit on me like a molded glove

No comments:

Post a Comment