Sunday, November 14, 2010

Parting Words

I'm having trouble getting my posts onto my blog as I keep falling asleep at my computer. It's definitely time I accepted that I need to sleep more, regardless of how much I have to do.

I watched a young couple silently leaning on each other and holding hands on the train today. They had somewhat sad looks on their faces, I was on the Piccadilly Line heading towards Heathrow Airport, and there was a suitcase next to them. So I wrote this.

Parting Words

It's a long train journey
But not long enough
I try to absorb the feeling
As our hands softly touch

And the smell of your hair
Your head on my shoulder
This love like a diamond
Never getting older

The weight in my chest
Is from a growing bowl of tears
That's been filling since the day we met
Now to spill out over years

I cherish this moment
Like all that we've shared
And wish that goodbye
Didn't need to be said

If only this moment would never come
But now it's here, so please listen my love

You're everything I've dreamed of and more
Since I first saw your face somehow I was sure
But now you have to go
When we'll kiss again I don't know
But I know my love for you will only grow
You're my one true love
My heart has told me so

1 comment: