Saturday, November 27, 2010

My Fight To Write Began Here

I've continued searching through the old poems I found but I must say there is little I really want to post. Not because I'm concerned of criticism but simply because it reflects a person that I simply am not anymore. There is a lot of very negative writing and I don't want you or I to dwell on it. I certainly expect I will write plenty of deep, serious, dark poetry in the future - I don't believe anyone is truly bright and positive all the time. It's just not natural - but it will be written by the person I am now while in a down moment, not by someone lost in the depths of negativity and depression.

There is one thing that I would like to share though as it's very relevant to this blog. I was given a large leather bound writing book 4.5 years ago, in which I have stored all my sheets of older writing, and in the inside-front page I wrote this poem. It shows just how long my fight to write has been going. So much so that I only started to make any ground in the fight in the past 2 years and wasn't actually getting ahead until the past 2 months since I started this blog I feel. The moment I wrote this poem was a big step in the right direction.


My Fight To Write Began Here

Almost ten months of borrowed time
This book has waited for my jilted rhyme
One simple purpose for it to yearn
That my days if doing may soon return

We have traded glances across the room
Touched once or twice amidst my fetid gloom
How disappointed it has been to wait so long
Without one single line, let alone a song

All it wanted was just a little of my time
Any rhyme to define these many thoughts of mine
Just a little would be enough, no great demands
A moment every day, a touch of pen and hands

That would've been enough, I know to be true
For things to change and my age bloom anew
But nothing, not a single pen stroke found
Its way to stay on these pages bound

Yet after so much time the moment is here
Though be it another moment of pain, tears and fear
And despite my neglect of this big part of me
It has patiently waited where I needed it to be

Now with your help I hope I might not go insane
We'll build this dream together and never go back again
 

No comments:

Post a Comment