Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Stuns explore a groove...

Firsty - I've put a poll on my blog page. It's on the right. Have some fun with me and vote.


As I mentioned The Stuns are currently writing songs for their next album. We've been making some good progress and will have some new songs to perform at our Barfly (Camden, London) show on Saturday 13th November. 

I was tempted to show you a sneak peak here but I'm a little hesitant to give you too much information. You may have to be patient (or come to our gigs) if you want to hear new songs. Although, if the guys approve, I may post something later in the week. 

For now I'm going to give you this little snippet of a groove that Ed broke into in our writing session today, which we then proceeded to "jam" over for a solid 8 or so minutes. I've cut the start off as I didn't want to scare you off listening. But if you have the time and inclination have a listen to how the original idea slowly changes and develops. Little ideas get passed around and someone else changes their part as a result. I liked playing the groove and it's always fun challenging yourself, not only to listen to what others are adding and react to that, but to dig into your creativity for some new ideas to move the groove forward. The last minute is us getting a little "Pink Floyd", just because we felt like it at the time. 

If you like really fast drum fills but don't have time to wade through the whole track skip forward to about 3:30 for a little bit of Ed Thorn cutting loose momentarily. 



As I previously mentioned I now have the myfighttowrite@gmail.com address if you're having any trouble posting comments but want to get in touch with me. 

Lastly - you'll see a "Donate" symbol has appeared on my blog page. This is simply because I'm a typically poor, dedicated artist who doesn't want to take on a "real job", but to keep writing it needs to make me some money. No-one is offering to publish my work right now, but if you think it's worth paying for you can show your support for my writing by donating. 

If you want to donate to The Stuns I advise you go to www.thestuns.com or iTunes/Amazon (etc...) and buy yourself a copy of our stunbelievable debut album.

1 comment:

  1. Hey hey hey! Nice buttons. I'm delighted to see the evolution of your blog. When you become a super rich rock star, you can donate on my blog, too: http://aftertheartistsway.blogspot.com/. Shameless self promotion. Absolutely shameless.

    ReplyDelete