Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Me You Once Knew

Please forgive me for not posting but I've spent 30 hours on planes in the past 2 days and when I haven't been flying I've dealing with everything surrounding the flying. It's been an exceptionally busy time of late and I don't see things changing but I'm determined to keep this going as being creative must remain my priority.

So I'm going to do today what I've done before and write something completely spontaneous. I've been told many times recently by friends and family that it's great to see "the old Josh we know and love" around again. I have at last managed to shake most of the monkeys off my back (there's a few pesky hangers on but I'll deal with them in time) and have now solidified and am putting into practice the attitude to life I've been striving for over quite a few years now. This has been the subject of my recent posts.

So here I go - a spontaneous poem about my new attitude to life.


The Me You Once Knew

I've heard you talk of the me you once knew
And I'm proud to say he's back like never before
I look back at all my many great falls and it's true
I've struggled to attain the great changes I've sought

But persistence has proved itself in distance and now
I see life like I had always hoped that I would
It takes much effort each day to climb my way up this tower
But viewing the world from the top does me the greatest of good

For now I view the world from my positive lookout and don't
Spend all my time looking down at the ground
I grab hold of life's obstacles with a bold look and won't
Ever let negativity get my hands and legs bound

It all seems very cliché when said in this way but I
Must say that I feel that it's very much a fact
That if you want good things to always be happening you must strive
To be positive of thought then make sure that you act

As talking's never enough to get you past all the tough things which
Life throws our way every day without fail
But if you make the commitment to take steps and not dig a ditch
Then you'll be walking down your life's happiest trail

1 comment:

  1. "But if you make the commitment to take steps and not dig a ditch
    Then you'll be walking down your life's happiest trail"

    Agreed. Taking steps. Little by little. It's the only way to get where you want to go. Simple but so easily forgotten.

    ReplyDelete