Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I Found My Mojo

Sometimes every obstacle seems to come at once. Right now some of the biggest things that get in the way of my writing are happening at once. Inconsistent living arrangements, impending travel arrangements and band dramas. Hence, my inconsistent blog entries. I have been writing though. I'm just less focused, less relaxed and clear-minded and not getting the big blocks of time that I need to get done what I want to do with my blog.

But I'm here now, and that's what really counts. I'll make up for my absence in the next few days.

My first solo gig at Mojo's Bar last night went well. Here is a video of the last song I played called "Hey (I Am Here For You Every Day)" with a special thanks to Arun on percussion for making the gig something extra special for me. I think I will get Arun to feature on my upcoming recordings. What do you think? (i.e. comment below...)





I've also written this poem to commemorate the night and my new direction in music now that The Stuns has been suddenly reduced to just being a guitarist and his computer, due to Ed (the drummer) and I not wanting to work with him anymore but him claiming the name. If you "like" The Stuns on Facebook I advise you show your support for Ed and I by "unliking" them and liking my new Facebook Artist page or Ed's YouTube page. We'll make a new band name sometime soon and continue on with some indie-rock.


I Found My Mojo

It feels real good to say I found my mojo
And it was where I first expected it to be
I didn't find it trying to be something
I found it simply trying to be me

So when you feel confusion and frustration
Trying to be what you're told is cool
The best thing you can do is just keep working
And not be dragged down by the words of try-hard fools

1 comment:

  1. Funny where we get creative. It's really not as dependent on "perfect" conditions. Nice video. Looking forward to seeing you LIVE this month. YEAH!

    ReplyDelete