Saturday, February 5, 2011

...and now I take a holiday.

It's finally here - the holiday I wrote about in the song, Take A Holiday, that features in the video at the bottom.

I'm in Sydney Airport as I write - converting, editing and uploading the video. I'm 2 hours through the 6.5 hours I have to kill in this airport. Luckily, I'm never short of things to do.

So I'm just a matter or hours from arriving in Hawaii and then just have a few more hours to kill before meeting Sam which, as you would expect if you know her or have read the post I wrote about her, I'm EXTREMELY excited about. But I won't embarrass her with my gushing any more than I already have. Needless to say it's going to be an unbelievably amazing 8 days I'm quite certain.

I've been trying to get my song for the week written and keep up with my blog but despite having many ideas running through my head the time required to actually get ideas developed into songs or poetry simply hasn't happened. I want to keep up my song a week goal but as I've written 10 songs in not quite 6 weeks now I'm far enough ahead of the game to cut myself a little slack for once. And those who know me will understand how much I suck at cutting myself slack.

I played at The Indi Bar in Scarborough on Thursday night and it was a good feeling to be there playing my own songs, rather than someone else's writing, or cover tunes, as I used to do there back in 2001. It was a similar feeling with my Mojo's gig last Monday. I've played original music there before, but not my own. It's a great feeling to know I've written nearly as many songs in the past 12 weeks I wrote in the past 2 years. (Well, in longer actually. But I don't want to embarrass myself too much.) And furthermore, that I've now played them live for people's enjoyment. If you watch the video from Mojo's you can hear at the end some people singing along with the chorus. That was amazing to hear, particularly as it was the first time anyone had heard the song. It's a sign of things to come.

Here's a video of Take A Holiday from my solo spot on Thursday night at the Indi Bar. Enjoy and I'll be back to blogging from Feb 14th. I think it stands to reason I'll have something to post on Valentine's Day...


I'm very sorry but I can't get the video to convert properly. I've converted a number of times a number of different ways and there it always comes out with image playing  in slow motion. So you'll have to check back here another time, after my holiday is over, and I've had time to work this out. I'll put a link back to here on a new post once I've got the video onto YouTube. I'm bummed, but nothing can be done now... 

No comments:

Post a Comment