Thursday, February 17, 2011

Ukukeles are always happy...

I've not been very with it today. It seems I'm coming down with something. A lot of sneezing, sore puffy eyes, sinus headache, chronically lethargic, all that stuff.

I sat on the couch to check my e-mail 10 minutes before planning to leave to see my friend Janice, which I was very excited about, and proceeded to have moment of extreme narcolepsy and an hour and half later woke up in the exact spot I was sitting, having rudely stood her up. For those who know us Jones's, suddenly falling asleep is a trait at least my brother Luke and my Mum share, but I'm not normally as bad and was very annoyed with myself that I could've just dropped off to sleep without even a hint of warning to give me time to think "you better set an alarm, you're falling asleep".

Nothing can be done about it now. Janice knows I'm sorry. And I guess the least I can do for Janice in consolation is keep mentioning Janice's name and Janice's Blog with endless links to it to encourage anyone who reads this to go there and show her some love and support after my grossly bad effort standing her up today. Please take a look. She's funny, interesting, and I love her latest post (as always).

So to refer now to my blog title - I was already feeling flat and this situation made me feel worse. Later I saw Sam and after a walk and dinner I felt more positive, so I picked up my Dad's new Ukulele (which he hasn't even gotten yet - thanks Dad) and started playing.

It turns out Ukulele's are always happy. You can't write sad, down songs on the Ukulele. I couldn't help but feel cheered up. I also think being creative just cheers me up. So here are some ideas I was playing with. I think I better get some sleep and hope I feel better tomorrow.





1 comment:

  1. Ah Joshua Jones. It's all good. I knew something had to have happened because this is unlike you. We'll get together tomorrow... and you'll be on time... and you'll be buying me a beer.

    ReplyDelete