Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Swing

I'm having a fairly uncommon run of being unwell since arriving in LA. I'm not completely feeling myself as a result, and I'm not keeping up with my blog. I have little more to say today, but I will say that I'm loving being in LA and that everything is going great...seemingly my sinuses and bowels (sorry - I know, too much info. but that's just me for those who know me) don't seem to feel the same enthusiasm. They'll adapt I'm sure.



The Swing


I'm on the swing
Hanging from this old tree in my mind
So clear and yet so far behind
Flight on unfeathered wing

The rise slows
Suspended stomach sinks, sort of unexpected
Those black-eyed undead resurrected
Down the swing goes

Soon I'll rise
But not until the bottom's hit
Climbing higher, slowly, bit by bit
And then I realise

This perpetual ride I do despise

I'm still on the swing

No comments:

Post a Comment