Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Destination: Every Day

A few days ago I was playing around with my Dad's ukulele and posted a couple of ideas on this blog. Have a look at that post by clicking here.

The first of the two ideas I've been wanting to turn into a short song. I've been working on some lyrics and here they are. Hopefully I'll get something recorded tomorrow.

It may seem cliché to work with the "life's a journey not a destination" adage but the fact is that it has become a cliché because it's so true. That's often the way with clichéd sayings. I'm hoping to make the song a fun little moment of getting across an idea that's common but too often ignored or not understood.


Destination: Every Day


I remember the time when I
Thought I'd reached the end of the line
But it turned out I had to make a change to stay
Moving toward a brighter day

Endless travelling with my heavy load
Was hard when I didn't how far I had to go
But right when I thought I may just give it away
The destination became every day

So now I just enjoy the ride
And leave behind the tears I've cried
The train keeps moving and the destination's by your side

2 comments:

  1. The destination IS in fact every day. Nice poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been saying it and reading about it for a long time but it took me a solid 5 to 7 years to actually get to the point that I'm truly living the "now". It makes a huge difference to daily happiness. I'll get my little song recorded tonight I hope. ;)

    ReplyDelete