Saturday, February 26, 2011

I'm a modest fellow...

Have any of you ever heard of Google Analytics? This is a very handy add-on you can program into a site that gives you piles of useful statistic about the hits to your site. Nothing specific to the individual but just cities you're getting hits from, how people are getting to your site (a link from facebook/twitter, directly, google search, etc...), how many times pages are being hit, etc... It's extremely interesting handy.

I've had some person in Russia hitting my site occasionally so if that's you e-mail me (myfighttowrite@gmail.com) as I don't know anyone in Russia.

The reason I mention this is because every time I say something about my girlfriend Sam, or put up a photo, the hits for that page usually quadruple (or more) my usual average amount of hits. So I'm wondering if maybe my readers are more interested in Sam than they are in my writing. I do understand this as I'm more interested in Sam than my writing most of the time and then when I am writing I'm most often writing about Sam anyway.

Nonetheless, today is the test.

Here is Sam's current favourite picture of me, taken while we were hiking the Na Pali Coast on the west side of Kauai, Hawaii, earlier this month. Yes, I know - I'm a modest fellow.

Na Pali Coast Kauai Hawaii Hiking Joshua Jones

Come on people, let's see if I can get as many hits for this photo as I get when I write about Sam or put up a photo of her.

... ... ...

Of course, I'm just being stupid. But I don't think I joke around enough on my blog. Yesterday's post had a poor attempt at humour but I'm certainly a guy who likes to laugh and make people laugh (even if they're laughing at me) and my music doesn't reflect this side of me.

So onto actual creative stuff. Here are a couple of acoustic ideas I wrote today. Let me know what you think.

Remember that if you don't already have an e-mail address for me you can e-mail me at myfighttowrite@gmail.com and show me some love.





2 comments:

  1. Nice 6-pack :-)

    The opening chords on the 2nd track reminds me of "Layla" by Eric Clapton. I think I like this track better than the 1st, I can see some lyrics going with this...

    ReplyDelete