Thursday, March 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today is another Hallmark special. It's my Dad's birthday today (in the US - it's already yesterday in my hometown of Perth) so I wrote Dad a birthday poem.

It can certainly be said that you should never just leave showing someone you love them for when it's a special occasion (which is why I wrote this post here for Dad about 6 weeks ago) but I still think that birthdays and other anniversaries are an important opportunity to really show someone how much you care.

So this is my birthday poem for my Dad.


I think of you so far away
And wish to be with you on this special day
To show you appreciation and love in more ways
Than just the words here on this page

For you are so very special to me
You make my life a better place to be
So know that even though we're far apart
We're together always in our hearts


I love you Dad! You really are the best dad I could ever ask for!

I hope you had a wonderful birthday. xo xo

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Josh for the poem. There are few things in my life that have given me more happiness than to be a part of yours and your brother's lives. Thank you for the happiness you have given me and allowing me to be part of your life. xxoo

    ReplyDelete