Monday, March 28, 2011

Foto Fun With Flitting Fireflies

I can spell photo obviously. I just thought "Foto" was more fun...

Sam, George and myself went down to Orange County last night to see our friends Megan and Zach.

We had a whole lot of fun with them as always! One of the reasons we always have fun with Megan and Zach is that they have a great camera and we always get some really funny photos. Here's one from the first night I met Megan and Zach, at Zach's 30th last year. They set their camera on a tripod in Megan's art studio facing this pink background then people could choose clothes from the box of outfits, or just have a shot in their own costume as it was a "Rock Star" theme. It was great fun and a great way to capture the night and bring everyone out of their shell!


Photobucket
I didn't have to wear a costume for the "Rock Star" theme night - normal wardrobe was suffice... ;~D
Last night we took many funny photos, quite a few involving some 3D glasses with the lenses removed.

Photobucket
Sam on the left, Megan on the right - showing that 3D glasses can be very sexy indeed...
And here's one of me adding to the campfire vibe - just so you can all see how hard-core my beard is getting.

Photobucket

This is also a great chance to plug Megan's Pop Art. She does a lot of different art but this one style she has been commissioned to do on a number of occasions. The first one is of Sam and the others aren't people I know. But I really love these ones. Contact me - myfighttowrite@gmail.com - and I'll put you in touch with her if you're interested in having a painting like this done.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

But on to my own creativity for today. I took the following shots with Meg's digital SLR. I haven't used an SLR regularly since back when I used to do some wedding photography and worked at a Kodak store. It really got me longing for an SLR again, but a digital one. I simply L. O. V. E. the manual focus and exposure settings on an SLR, along with the warmth and clarity of a top quality lens and the instant nature of working with an SLR shutter. You can get exactly the shot you want. Furthermore, with digital you can shoot at will with no concern for cost, know exactly what you've captured, and don't have to have your eye stuck to the viewing window, freeing you up to get better angles for your composition.

Although I usually post photos with major edits done to them I've done none here as my creativity was not the editing but the shooting itself. You'll see where my blog title reference to "flitting fireflies" comes from in number 2 - using a 20 second shutter speed and 3.5 aperture. Let me know your favorites. This first one is mine. Sam is just so cute in this! (Well, she always is...and this shot captures that for me.) And I do sort of have a thing for girls wearing glasses...

1
Photobucket

2
Photobucket

3
Photobucket

4
Photobucket

5
Photobucket

6
Photobucket

7
Photobucket

8
Photobucket

9
Photobucket

10
Photobucket

11
Photobucket

12
Photobucket

13
Photobucket

14
Photobucket

15
Photobucket

16
Photobucket

17
Photobucket

18
Photobucket

19
Photobucket

20
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment