Friday, March 18, 2011

We go to the snow...

I think the biggest enemy to creativity is money. The need for it, the desire for it, the worrying about it. I'm nowhere near as bad as I once was but I can still see it affecting my decisions in the short term. Don't take from this that I've not been being creative daily. But obviously from my lack of posting this week it means that my blog posting hasn't been high enough on my priority list to get done. This is why I mention the money. I can't not think about it but the fact is I'm earning very little and am still spending all I earn and more so I have to worry about it to some degree. I find that with a better perspective I always see that the earning the money isn't making me happier, just allaying a perpetual but avoidable worry.

It also stands to reason that posting about my creativity on this blog is lower on my priorities than doing the creativity itself, so sometimes I only have time for the creativity and not the blogging. When posting photos, and more-so video, is involved posting my blog can be quite time consuming. 

Anyway, you'll be hearing from me much more regularly again in the coming week. New songs/recordings and more mixes I've been working on mostly.

But for now, I said I would show you some photos and videos from my skiing weekend just passed.

Here is Sam and I grabbing a photo while grabbing a drink.

Sam and I at Big Bear


This is (right to left) Sam, Luke, George and I at the top of the mountain. We found the bears but they weren't so big...

Sam, George, Luke and I at the top of Big Bear Mountain


Here is the view over Big Bear Lake from the top of one of the peaks.

The view from the top of Big Bear Mountain


This is everyone who came on the skiing trip. From left to right - George, Me, Sam, Tamar, PJ, Luke, Michelle and Tessa (the dog).

skiing big bear mountain snow ski California


This is Georgie limbering up on the slopes. Well, actually he was just being funny. It should be noted that George is a seriously bad-ass skier and I got some great footage of him doing some cool jumps but I stupidly took the footage with my camera on its side so I could get a portrait view, but the result is the videos are sideways. So you'll have to suffice with the other videos below.

George limbering up


We took a few minutes out at the top of one of the peaks to appreciate the view. I found the view slightly down and to my left the most breath-taking...but the snowy mountains were also spectacular...




Holding your ski poles under one arm and a camera in the other hand while going down the slopes is probably not advisable on your 4th day ever on skis (and only your second day since 2 years ago) but that's just me I guess. This is my younger brother Luke only a few hours into learning to ski.




But then snowboarding and filming while going down a descent about 3 times as steep as that is probably more crazy, although not so much when you're as experienced on the snow as Sam is.



This is Sam carving some white powder...well it wasn't quite powder...(and that wasn't meant to be a drug reference...he he...)



Anyway, so I should post something creative, huh? So here's a quick poem...

Pure
And bright
Like none before

White
All around
Gleaming in the light

Found
New heights
Yet on the ground

Hearts
Beat fast
This moment starts

Cast
From mind
Troubles future and past

Bind
Not above
But what right now is mine

Love
And snow
Are what I'm speaking of

Glow
With smiles
For our hearts already know

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to see video of Sam! Keep em coming! Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete