Thursday, August 18, 2011

A life-changing moment...

It's only a couple of hours past exactly one year since the moment I first saw Sam. Considering she is already my Fiancé of nearly 3 months it stands to reason that it was a life changing moment.

I saw her first - through a window, looking into a house from outside, her having just entered, and she was smiling at our friends that invited us both then giving them hugs hello. My first words were to my brother, Luke - "Who's that?!" "That's Sam. She's got a beautiful face huh?" "You're not kidding." In my head I was saying "WOW!"

She came outside, where most people were and stood next to me, where we were introduced, then we sat & talked. She got up and to go inside a few minutes later, and funnily enough I found a reason to go inside, too. I went to the fridge, cut into a conversation she was having on the way back (in the politest way possible) and basically spent the rest of the night talking to her. The moment that everyone who was there likes to quote is when I was passed a piece if cake for desert I said "what happened to ladies first?" Everyone laughs about this, saying I was really putting on a show. But I still maintain that I would've said that even if the girl next to me wasn't the most stunning girl I'd ever had the pleasure of sharing conversation with.

A really interesting point I'm going to interject with here is that she was sitting on the couch after a hard day of work considering seriously the idea of pulling out of coming to this dinner, as she often did, as she was doing her Dental Surgery Residency. How's that for a clutch life decision?!!

Back to my story...

Needless to say I was floored. So beautiful. So lovely. So unique. I was certainly nervous and should've been very intimidated but there wasn't one uncomfortable moment. And I can quite honestly say that there have only been 2 uncomfortable moments between us and both were on our first date. More embarrassing moments than uncomfortable really. I find it quite incredible. She has been a ball of surprises since the start, never being what I expected, or exactly what I would've defined as "perfect" previously, but something else so much better, that not even the greatest imagination could conjure in such detail, uniqueness and exquisiteness.

Sorry - there is going to a lot of gushing this month. Then I'll give you a bit of a break until the wedding on January 5th, 2012.

I wrote this song on the last day of the year last year in reflection on that night and how we had both been so "lost in goodbyes" in the years before meeting each other. Although we both say we had made a lot of leeway with moving on before we met it was definitely the catalyst to letting go of our pasts once and for all and embracing a future filled with happiness and true love.

I performed the song for Sam tonight, sitting in the exact spot in the same house where I first saw her standing and smiling that night. It was very convenient that the friends who's house it is have us looking after their fish and plants while they're off getting married and honeymooning.

I also performed her another song that I wrote just for this occasion. I'll put that on my next post though.

Go to this page if you want to read the lyrics.


Penny & Jacob





P.S. I forgot to put my poll on the right column of the page to vote for the photos I posted yesterday! Oops. It's up there now so please vote. I'd love to know which one is your favourite!

2 comments:

  1. I love you, too, but in another, platonic way. I don't want you smoochin' my girly parts. Blech.

    ReplyDelete