Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wineries, Waves and a Birthday...

There's still more to cover on our Australian trip so I'm going to try to get it all posted over this week. There'll be a video of Australian Animals I've made for one. That'll be the next post though.

Today is dedicated to Sam's birthday and WA's Southwest coast.

So here are some photos...

Photobucket
Prevelly Beach - home of the Margaret River Masters

Photobucket
Sunset over Yallingup Beach

Photobucket
Flinders Bay - near Cape Leeuwin, Australia's most South-western point and land-marker of the division between the Indian and Southern Oceans.

Photobucket
Wineries, wineries and more wineries - this one is Will's Domain, a favourite of mine.

Photobucket
My brother Caleb on the left, an Emu on the right. When you live at an Ice Creamery (as does this Emu) it's not long before grass just doesn't cut it anymore. 

Photobucket
This is a Kookaburra. There was about 6 of them around at this time, on Meelup Beach. Sam didn't get to hear their interesting "laugh" though unfortunately.

Photobucket
Canal Rocks, just south of Yalingup, at Sunset and with a big swell.

Photobucket
Sam and I standing on Canal Rocks, the waves crashing over the rocks behind us.

Photobucket
Did I mention we saw a few grapevines...

Photobucket




Photobucket
Bees very busy on the blossoms of a Wattle tree.

Photobucket
Redgate Beach - I'll post some video sometime soon. There was some big splashing going on.

Photobucket
Also at the rocks on the north side of Redgate beach.

So I'm going to let the photos do the talking today as far as the trip is concerned. I will just add that the whole immediate family (well, those who live in Perth) and some other relatives came down for part of the time and we really enjoyed some quality time. It's a beautiful place Western Australia's Southwest. I recommend you check it out some day if you haven't already.

To finish with something creative here is a poem I wrote for Sam for her birthday today.


When I think about the life I'd lead
If you weren't living life with me
I'm so immensely thankful and
Ecstatic that you'll hold my hand
Through every trial and every smile
The wild rides and the crying eyes
Through every day until we lie
With weary eyes by this life's finish line

And this is why I rejoice today
It's the date my soul mate joined the fray
And fought til the day came that we met
And happiness became our certain bet
So we'll party every year that passes
With laugh lines, saggy behinds and bi-focal glasses
Knowing that every year we share
Is one more of love and not despair

1 comment:

  1. Lovely poem and lovely photos. I dig the perspective of the one with Sam looking out to sea. Nice stuff.

    ReplyDelete