Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I'm a big eater...

There is no question that I can smash food with the best of them. I ate (count 'em) 8 soft corn tacos tonight, all overflowing with their share of the following;

1) Third of a head of lettuce, two tomatoes and two spring onions (green onions or scallions for the US readers).
2) A whole, and decent sized, avocado.
3) A 425g can of refried beans.
4) The same size can of spicy black beans.
5) Mayonnaise (this goes on basically anything I eat).
6) Roasted corn and garlic salsa.

I really have to remember to take photos for this blog. I'm sure you have a mental picture though.

Needless to say I nearly "bit off more than I could chew", but just got through it with my guts stretched somewhat. Strangely enough I found space for yoghurt an hour later.

If think this is bad though you should see my general life schedule. I seem to like taking "biting of more than you can chew" to a whole new level.

So this is what I'm "eating" in my current work life, per week;

1) 20 hours of marketing planning and artwork design, website content management, website sales and general technological management at Ken Rich Sound Services.
2) 5-10 hours or so of eBay selling for some extra cash.
3) Painting Sam's house.
4) Recording my first solo EP, and designing the artwork for this EP..
5) Practicing the songs to be recorded for the EP.
6) Spatterings of time working on new songs and poems.
7) Helping mix and record a demo EP for my brother Luke's band.
8) Shopping for a keyboard so I can then get onto the demo recordings with Ed of songs that were originally written for The Stuns.
9) Writing a new blog column for Keyboard Magazine (ghost written as Ken Rich).
10) Planning my return trip to Australia with Sam - which includes organising solo gigs, PR and promotion.
11) Running about 15 miles a week and spending as many hours as I can find (unfortunately, often just a few) stretching/doing yoga.
12) Trying to still have a life, get quality time with Sam and sleep more than 5 hours a night

I think a dozen (many with multiple points in one) will have to do. There are more though.

Doing this blog for one, which as you can tell from my progressively sparse posting has had to be moved down the priority list so I could attempt to get somewhere with everything else. That's also why this post is being written at 1:30am.

So as you can tell things are a little crazy. But life is really good. I just wish I could find a way to keep on top of things. I think one approach is "smaller bites - chew faster."

Today I'm just going to give you a little taster of some of the artwork designs I'm working on for my solo EP - which I've decided to call "Calienteza". I'm going to leave you to think about that rather than explain but having some grip of Spanish will help you work through the puzzle.

Let me know what you think of the first image as the main front cover then a different version of the same picture for the disk. There will quite likely only be a back, a front and on-disc artwork, due to time constraints (as outlined already) as much as the fact that his is the usual approach for an EP.

Arun, the percussionist I'm working with for this recording, has sent me the next lot of percussion tracks so as soon as I get enough time to put bass on the track and do a rough mix I'll post it here, like I did "Hey (I Am Here For You Every Day)" last week.

Remember - you don't have to comment on this blog if you want to share your thoughts with me. You can e-mail me at myfighttowrite@gmail.com and you will likely get a personal reply (despite the above list - procrastinating with e-mails is a favourite pass-time of mine.)

Front Cover (Unfinished)

Joshua Jones - Calienteza EP (Front Cover Artwork)


On-CD (Unfinished)
Joshua Jones - Calienteza EP (CD Artwork)

Another Front Cover Option (Unfinished)

Joshua Jones - Calienteza EP (Other Photo Options)

1 comment:

  1. I'm there with you. I'm a fellow "bite off more than I can chewer" as well. I dig your album art. Man you've got a lot of hair.

    ReplyDelete