Sunday, November 13, 2011

Mind, I, Mine

Along with fighting my stomach due to food poisoning I've found myself fighting my mind this week. This was my common state once but I feel like I've improved. Then I'm left feeling like little has changed inside my head.

With my throat swollen and blazing, mirroring my brain, I've been awake the past 3 hours, but have wanted only to be asleep. Eventually I decided to write, figuring that writing some thoughts down would help. It's 7:30am, I've written, and now I have to get up and get on with my day.

I don't know that I can explain what living with my mind is like. Those who've witnessed me jabber away incessantly moving along a complicated, ever developing and changing line of discussion, which they were likely struggling to follow (and don't worry, so was I), may have some sense of what goes on in there. I struggle to keep up with its incessant nature, to keep in some control of it's path, it's obsession, its creation, it's destruction and it's deconstruction.

Right now, with not being well piled on top, it's just plain tiring.

I want to feel well and I want to feel clear minded.

Mind, I, Mine

Stop
Release
Give me 
Some peace
This busy bee I hear won't cease

Flop
Lie down
I feel
The ground
Free me of all this rattling sound

Hop
Two feet
The sky
The street
Forward thought yet indiscreet 

Top
Is what
A time
A spot
A rhyme this typical it's not

Tick Tock
That's it
What rhymes
With twit
My mind won't find a place to sit

And why - I cannot say but try
I will - this mind is I and mine

No comments:

Post a Comment