Friday, February 23, 2018

A Wake

On the day it’ll be fine
Maybe even blue skies, likely wine

Still sad, but not for me
I’ll be in the smoke that’s on the breeze

With Jeff Buckley riding waves
From the speakers of a thousand watt PA

I hope it blows everybody’s hair
Horizontal for that last exchange we share

When I can’t be killed I plan to stun
My life is done, eternal death has just begun 

Pressure to make leisure feel less fun
Indentured to a feeling I could never overcome 
  
Never lost for reasons for the rage
I think that now I’m gone we might be on the same blank page 

A wake
A little something 
Maybe baked 
A little peace (piece?)
A little cake
Missing a little life just for my little sake
I never wanted more 
Than what I knew would make me break
It takes more than little prayers
To save a soul from outta state 

No comments:

Post a Comment