Friday, August 18, 2017

Rise From My Knees

Seven years ago today this girl walked into the room and I discovered that love at first sight was a real thing. That love has grown every day since. That moment changed my life, my perspective, my beliefs.

This blog doesn't see the creative work I do daily anymore. Not because I don't do it, but because my priority is simply doing the work. I like it more as a place to post poetry of mine that won't see the light of day any other way. 


But that doesn't mean I'm not writing, or that I feel any less inspired....or any less in love. 


Here's an example...




Rise From My Knees


Many things I'd dreamed 

But could never believe
And more I'd wished for
But never received 

I was taught I just need
More time on my knees

Many things I did see
In moments between 
Real smiles and dark skies
Campfires and high seas

I watched the dirt bleed
From time on my knees

The clouds would recede 
I scattered my seeds
Sometimes I'd recline 
And try to believe

I watched as the weeds
Grew high 'round my knees

I saw bitterness breed
As hope fled the scene 
So blinded by cries
I'd hide behind trees

And question that creed
Of more time on my knees 

I tried to break free
I searched for the key
I fought all the pitchforks 
Ignored were my pleas

No day left to seize
I fell to my knees

Then one night I see
Your eyes through the heat
You fly me up high
And we cry on your seat

A truth on the breeze
Sees me rise from my knees

Now time doesn't squeeze
The life from our dreams
Or tie up our insides
With lies and deceit

We have all we need
And now we believe 
This love never dies
Despite fires or seas

No trials come between
Our cuddling regime 
Our time spent aligning
Our eyes and our feet
Our hearts and their beats
Our birds and our bees

We'll fly beyond time
Not die on our knees

No comments:

Post a Comment